All About Garrett
- Name of Artist: Garrett Fallon
- Country of Origin: Unites States of America
- Year of Birth: 1991
- Influences – What factors or events inspired you to become an artist?
Originally, music was a way to escape my “not so easy” childhood. As I progressed with it though, it became a large part of me in a way I cant explain. So, somewhere along the lines I decided to pursue music as a career.
- Describe your style.
Our style is pop/rock. I would describe it as a fun and indulging mix of a hip hop beats, pop music and a twist of rock that anyone can dance to.
- What impact or effect do you anticipate upon Music and society/culture?
I anticipate on adding a great deal to the ever growing culture of music. I want to define our generation with something that people will love while also giving back a great deal not only to our fans but people from all walks of life.
- How did the public and media critics at the time react to your work?
Our debut single hasn’t been released yet.
- Describe one major work of this artist in detail.
Let It Out, its fun energetic and easy to sing along with. This song is the type that just makes you want to dance. It creates a moment, for me at least, where time stops and I don’t have a care in the world.
- Place and Year of first Performance: We haven’t performed anywhere at this point in time.
- Other Interesting Facts:
All three of the members, Alex, Cal, and I went to high school together but weren’t friends and hardly ever spoke before the band was formed. When cal asked me to join the band I said yes before I even heard any of the songs. I have never played bass guitar before and this is my first band. I am classically trained in voice and piano, I sing opera in college.
- Your Personal Reaction –What do you like best? What don’t you like?
What I like best about Saving Apollo is that we all want success as bad as we want to breath, we are all on the same page without a doubt and that creates a very strong bond between the three of us. Currently, there isn’t anything I don’t like about this band.
- Who are your influences?
(Musically and otherwise) I am influenced by all the great people throughout history. Such as, Tupac, Einstein, the Beatles are a big one right along with Bob Marley. All of these people influence the world in a positive way and that’s what we would like to do as well.
- When did you / your group members start making music? We started making music in spring of 2014
- Where are you located? Southern York County
- Where are you from? (if different) I was born in Jacksonville, FL
- Did you go to high school / college in the area where you live?
Yes, I attended Susquehannock High School and York College of Pennsylvania.
- Do you perform in live shows? We will be in the near future but we have not yet performed live.
- What kind of catch phrases do you commonly use? (Such as get-at-me-dog, etc) dude, bro, peace, later, etc
- What are your ultimate goals in music?
To be someone that people can go to in a time of need. To produce albums that will sell for decades, and to show people that dreams come true.
- What are you ultimate goals in life?
My ultimate goal in life is to be happy. My other goals include making others happy, inspiring people, and making those who care for me very proud of me.
- Give me three words that describe your opinions of women: Beautiful, gentle, and strong
- Give me three words that describe your opinions of men: Smart, determined, and caring.
- Who are your favorite artists?
Tupac, Bob Marley, The Beatles, Adele, Alicia Keys, Angels and Airwaves, Blink 182, Colbie Caillat, and the list goes on.
- Name ten songs that on your ipod :
I Will Follow You Into the Dark (Death Cab for Cutie), Fly Me to the Moon (Frank Sinatra), Dig (Incubus), Better Together (Jack Johnson), You’re Beautiful (James Blunt), All of Me (John Legend), Hurt (Johnny Cash), Abc’s (Knaan), Hybrid Moments (The Misfits), Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyed)
- What is the name of your CD or upcoming CD? We haven’t decided on a name yet.
- If your album is released, where can people buy it? It can be purchased on all the major places like itunes and from our website.
- What producers do you work with? Cal produces all of our songs and we have yet had the pleasure of working with anyone else.
- What studios do you work with? We record at cal’s home studio and haven’t recorded anywhere else at this time.
- What do you feel about the current state of hip-hop?
(Is it dead or not?) Hip hop is definitely not dead. although I do believe it is evolving because a demand for a new unique sound. people are slowly getting tired of the gangster rap scene.
- Are you a politically concerned person? Yes.
- What are things that concern you besides music?
(Such as police brutality, in justices, etc) Well, the state of society itself. We as humans have the capabilities to live in a utopia if we work together as a whole.
- What is your race/ethnic background? I am mostly Irish with a slight mix of Native American.
- Have you travelled alot? Only a little bit but I enjoy it very much.
- Have you travelled outside of the U.S.? If so, where? I haven’t been outside the U.S. yet.
- Do you do music full-time or do you have another job? I am a full time student and also do music full time.
- When did you begin pursuing music on a full-time basis? (if applicable) This past summer, 2014.
- Besides a career in music, what are your other goals? I want to jump into technology and inventing new things.
- Do you have a website and/or myspace, reverbnation, tumbler, youtube, facebook page where people can hear your music?
Yes. You can find our pages at facebook.com/savingapollotheband twitter.com/saveapollo and we will be creating other social network accounts and a website which we will give notice on our facebook and twitter pages.
- Tell me any thing else that you want me to know that I haven’t asked.
We are very eager and excited to be getting music out to our fans and making new fans along the way.
- When did you realize that you really had something to offer as an artist?
When I auditioned for the music program at york college of pa. I had to sing an italian opera aria, along with several other classical songs, from sheet music and I couldnt read sheet music. Once I was accepted into the program I realized I had something pretty good to offer.
- What made you realize that you want to do this as a career instead of a hobby?
I have always wanted to do what I love and get paid for it. I used to be skeptical about whether it was worth the risk of failure, but now I know I’d rather fail at my dream than to never have tried at all.
- How did you feel the first time that you got on stage in front of a crowd?
Like I was going to throw up and pass out at the same time and then my heart was going to explode. But it got easier the more I did it.
- What can people expect from you when they come to see you perform live?
People can expect to see an incredible group of talented young men just having fun and sharing what they love.
- If there was anybody in your field that you could do a collab with who would it be and why?
I would work with Paul McCartney because he has lived such an extraordinary life and I look up to him very much as a person and artist.
- What’s next for you as an artist? The Single release, our first few shows and getting ready for our album release.
- What makes you stand out from the other artists in your chosen genre?
We have a unique mixer of pop and rock that hasen’t really been common in recent years. Our songs are all hits none of them are “filler” songs and we work very hard to write from the heart.